April 4, 2012

Anymore


There’s no cause for your suspicion
I’d never ask or take from you
Bu in these hours of contrition
How can I mean what I do?

My courage and ambition
I just let it slip right through
With all this pending on a mission
That can only leave me blue

I blur my eyes
I draw the blinds
I yank the sheets up, shut the door
I’m tired of aching
Tired of crying
And I don’t lie here anymore…

Now tremor in submission
When I should just admit it’s true
While we fumble through positions
It’s not me, it isn’t you.

Oh “love is patient
Love is Kind”,
Another world I knew before
I’m not regretfully
Resigned
And I won’t listen anymore…

There’s no cause for your suspicion
I’ve been tried and I’ve been true
But in these hours of contrition
How can I like what I do?

I blur my eyes
I draw the blinds
I yank the sheets up, shut the door
I’m tired of hate
I’m tired of lying
I won’t explain it anymore

“Love is patient,
Love is kind”,
Another world I knew before
You can’t expect me
To rewind
Or to believe you anymore…

No comments:

Post a Comment